Friday, January 16, 2004

That'll be $1800 please...

Crap. Yesterday we got the inspection report back on the house we're selling, and this morning I had the distinct pleasure of meeting a plumber out at the house to find out what the hell "master bath drain at basement link leaking" was going to cost me. I swear to you, I lived in that house for 9 years and the damn thing never leaked, then some home inspector who, by the way, was so damn anal that he actually put on the inspection report "baseboard molding in bedroom closet has an edge that doesn't match flush with adjoining piece and should be replaced" and "mulch level too high in front yard tree surround" and "hallway closet light bulb missing globe", oh and my favorite, "basement bathroom door knob does not latch unless you pull the door shut"...What? why the hell would it latch if the door wasn't shut? Hello? Anyway...he said he grabbed the pipe and tried to wiggle it from side to side and it started leaking. OMG. I think he should be required to fix the damn thing, though it'd be hard for him to stand on the ladder with my foot up his ass and all.