Monday, January 26, 2004

Okay, so I got my w-2 today, and I just have to say that there is obviously some serious problem with me. There is just no way in this world that a person should make the amount of money I make (not that I'm one of the lucky overpaid executives or anything) and only have $3.98 in the bank, as of 9 am this morning. No way. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, my friends...something is very rotten indeed. Perhaps this is just the wake up call I need to start a new phase of my life...let's call it the fiscally responsible phase. Of course, I can't start today, because I'm almost out of dogfood, and the only things in my fridge are a box of baking powder, a bottle of ketchup, and a bruised green apple. But after the grocery store and petsmart, it's on. No more impulse purchases for me. Starting tomorrow I am the poster girl for living within your means. Or Wednesday, at the very latest.