Friday, January 16, 2004

...Cry me a river...

Okay, so I was just sorting through the accumulated pile of worthless junk that I've been hauling around in my "purse" (read: huge, oversized duffel bag that I cart to and from work everyday and open like twice a week), and I found my "before" pictures from the BFL challange I started back when my husband starting sleeping with the 19 year old beer cart girl at his golf course, in 2001. Oh dear. I could just cry. I actually looked at those pictures and said to myself "damn, I WISH I still looked like that".

Now you should understand that, I was stupid enough to go for a "sex with your ex" fling 8 weeks into the challange and got knocked up, thereby rendering null and void both my challange and my divorce, and then, a year later, even though I swear we took all the necessary steps to avoid it, got knocked up AGAIN, and, let me tell you, that even though I know it's good for me, when I'm 6 months pregnant I find it very difficult to eat clean, and I just don't have the energy to cook enough for the army that is my family and my 6 meals a day, 6 days a week. I know. Don't look at me like that. I KNOW, excuses, excuses, excuses. BUT, the snip snip is scheduled for later this month, so if I do decide to let my husband live, this will be my last baby, I swear. Then it's go time. I even bought the EFL book and have been trying out recipes on the rare occasions that my energy isn't completely spent by the end of the work day. Which has been, like, twice.