Wednesday, August 11, 2004

okay. first, divaquest needs to get the hell out of my brain. Not only did she re-live the horror of the split seam on the favorite jeans, as detailed in my july 2nd blog entry, but now I find out that she also quotes her fellow bloggers, refering to them as "this girl I know" or "this friend of mine". I swear I thought I was the only one that did that. I've always felt like I was a little bit twisted, having to know what was going on in the lives of complete strangers and then talking about them like they're my long lost pals from elementary school. Glad to know I'm not alone.

It's actually a little sad that I have more blog "friends" then actual flesh and blood ones. I guess I get so busy with work and kids and husband and pets and stupid responsibilities that it's easier for me to maintain my imaginary "relationships" online then actually be accountable in person. A part of me knows that these people with the blogs I obsessively read aren't going to get mad at me if I'm a no-show today or even this week. If I feel like hiding in the house and not talking to anyone, they don't even know I'm gone, and they're always happy to fill me in on what I missed when I return. I can show up to chat in my sweats and bare feet and they don't call me a hoosier. I can catch up on the day's adventures during the commercials of my favorite shows and they don't yell at me to pay attention to what they're saying. I can fart right in front of them and not be embarrased. It's a beautiful thing.