Friday, August 20, 2004

Best Laid Plans

Oy. I've been "planning" on eating right and working out for the last 4 days.

Monday I was all hyped up because I worked out and felt great, and was determined to stick with it. Of course everytime that happens, there are suddenly obstacles jumping out from everywhere that conspire to keep me from following through. One of these days I'm just going to have to find a way to make myself number one. One of these days I'll find the strength to say "no" to the people that insist I do things their way and on their schedule. One of these days I'll decide that my health and happiness is worth the little trouble packing my meals beforehand entails. One of these days I'll manage to get all 6 meals in, instead of binging on junk food at night because I'm starving from forgetting to eat all day. One of these days I'll drink a glass of water instead of diet coke. One of these days I'll take a few extra minutes at lunch to go to the gym. One of these days I'll learn to fly.