Wednesday, August 18, 2004

One...Two...Kick-Ball-Change!

36 pounds yet to lose (in clothes with shoes on)
Breakfast: reese’s peanut butter sticks (4); diet coke; handful of chex mix (cheddar flavor)

And I wonder why I’m fat.

Went to Jazzercize Monday night for the first time ever. I was happy to see there was nary a leg-warmer in sight. “kick-ball-change…WHOOO” It was actually fun. No, really, it was. Will I go back? I’d say no. Not because it wasn’t a good cardio workout, on the contrary, I was huffing and puffing, but because it’s pretty pricey. $7.00 a class seems like a lot to me. I could pay $85 for two months, but for someone who works full time and has four kids, I’d be LUCKY to make it to 2 classes a week, and, frankly, I don’t have $85 to spare right now. I did a walk through at the local Bally’s yesterday at lunch…they’ve been trying to get me to come back, since years and years ago when I had more money than brains I bought a membership that I never ever, not even once, used. Once it was finally paid off, I cancelled it, because I had never, ever, not even once used it, and by then I was a little smarter and a little poorer and didn’t feel like throwing the annual fee right out the window anymore. But now, I’m a whole lot smarter (I like to think), and a whole lot poorer, and a whole lot sick of not fitting into anything cute and fun. The current offer is to come back for $8 a month, and I figure, you just can’t beat that. If I get to the gym twice a week, that’s a dollar a visit, and I’m sure I can find somewhere to cut that dollar from my budget elsewhere…say, from the reese’s peanut butter sticks, for example.

They’ve upgraded their facility and it has a lap pool (like I’ll EVER be seen in a bathing suit in my current condition), a running track, a bunch of machines, and a separate free weight room. Plus an aerobics room which, disturbingly enough, is composed of ALL mirrored walls. I shudder at the thought.

So that’s what I’m doing. My mind is made up. Oh, and if I don’t go to the gym twice a week, somebody slap me.