Wednesday, March 09, 2005

have you ever felt like the universise is conspiring against your efforts to get in shape?
Let's recap the last 2 1/2 weeks, k?

me: alright! It's Monday and I can't wait for kickboxing

universe: oops, look at that, I'm going to have this girl hold the pad weird and you kick off center, and wow, look at the 14 shades of purple I've managed to turn your foot...nice limp, dork.

me: Well...tuesday...hmmm, can't fit my purple foot into my shoes... I know, let's go to the gym on lunch and do upper body

universe: ring, ring...yes, hello, this is the nurse at school...your son has a 102 fever and you have to come get him.

me: Wednesday...staying home with sick kid...still can't fit foot in shoe, I guess I can get to the gym before they close at 9, as long as my husband gets home from work on time

universe: hey, let's try 2 kids with strep and schedule a meeting for your husband that he forgot to tell you about.

me: thursday. Okay. Me. Gym. Today. Going. Two sick kids or not.

universe: how about 3 kids with strep. Still going? Okay, how about at 3 pm, you suddenly come down with a 102 fever.

me: I hate you universe. Friday...all four kids now have strep...oh yeah, and me too. I'll be in bed if you need me.

universe: I win.

me: Monday...still sick. can't go to class...

universe: ha ha.

me: Tuesday...cough cough. I really shouldn't be at work.

universe: yeah, but you need the money

me: Wednesday...almost feeling human...maybe I'll go for a quick walk tonight

universe: did I forget to tell you? you're husband's got strep now and you have to watch the kids so he can go to bed.

me: Thursday...feeling good...at least I'll get one day in this week

universe: here, have a migrane.

me: screw it. let's try again next week.

universe: see you then sucker.

me: Monday...yeah...kickboxing!

universe: alright...I'll throw you a bone.

me: yeah! and look, my new running shoes came in! That means I should totally run tomorrow morning!

universe: see. you shouldn't have pushed me. Now the baby has the stomach flu and you'll be up all night rocking her, because she won't lay down, and keeps barfing.

me: did I mention I hate you? Tuesday: So. Tired. No. Sleep. Can't. Function.

universe: told you. I win again.