Thursday, February 19, 2004

Ba Humbug

Today I am mean. I'm mad at everyone for everything they've done, and most things that they neglected to do. I'm mad at the stupid boys at work for being their usual annoying immature selves, my husband for being a butt-head and golfing all day instead of getting the car registered and various other tasks he was assigned to accomplish, and myself for not coming up with a good excuse to get out of work early and enjoy the 70 degree day. Willing myself to lighten up, I made the yummiest free day chicken in the world...unfortunately I had eaten so many peanut butter eggs throughout the day, I could only finish 1/2. And speaking of peanut butter...has anyone tried "peanut power butter"? According to the manufacturer, they were able to increase the amount of protein (through pasteurized egg whites) from 15 grams per 2 oz. to 32 grams. Then, they lowered the overall fat content by de-fatting the pb and then adding flax seed oil and whole roasted flax seeds back in. I ordered some yesterday, and received it today. However I'm too full from the aforementioned pb eggs and bad for me chicken to try it yet...Taste test results to appear later. Side note: it better be freaking great for the amount of $$ they charge!

So bad for you that you really don't even want to know the stats, chicken:

Grill chicken breast on George Forman
brush with dijon mustard (mix in a tiny bit of flour so it's like a paste)
roll in frozen shredded hashbrowns
Fry in Crisco till brown and crispy