Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Almost positive...

don't you hate that phrase? "I'm almost positive". I'm pretty sure you can't be almost positive. You can be positive, you can be unsure, you can be fairly confident, but to say you're almost positive, still makes you negative, right? Let's put it on the number scale, shall we...?

-1...0...1...2... Okay, now positive is on one side of zero, and negative is on the other so if you're "almost positive" you're not. Ok? Case Closed.

the reason I bring it up, is my ob/gyn says she's "almost positive" I'm having a girl. Not positive, but almost. I take no comfort in this statement. I have three other children and each time I was told that the doctor was "almost positive" it was a girl. Yes, that's right, this is my 4th child...It's a deep sickness, I know. Why, yes, I am crazy, thank you for asking, but we've gotten off the point. Four pregnancies, four ultrasounds, four 'almost positives". Three labors, three deliveries (so far), 2 boys and a girl. You see my problem? Yes I want a girl, I would love another girl, and frankly, I would love a boy just as well, but what I really want is just to know. Just once. Just this one time I'd like the doctor to say "well, look at that, you're definately having a _____". I just really really want to know.

On that note...any ideas for a girl's name?