Monday, January 14, 2008

this weekend:
moved 6, 80# bags of rock. dug & installed french drain. re-worked two large flower beds. (gardening in Jan= crazy? It was almost 60, give me a break). Moved8 bags of dirt. Laid 50 cubic feet of mulch. carried countless pieces of wood to attic. began cross-bracing attic floor and laying plywood pieces. cut my finger wide open. smacked my head three times on attic rafter. scraped my chin on random piece of attic wood. took all the skin off a 3" patch of skin on my back when I didn't duck far enough through the attic opening. smashed another finger. stepped backwards onto a unfortunately placed pipe. lost my balance. stepped onto un-braced section of attic. watched in horror as drywall gave and I began to plummet toward the floor. luckily (?) my left pelvis bone landed squarely on one joist and my right shoulder smashed solidly against another, keeping me from dropping completely through the ceiling and, due to the placement of the new ceiling vent, not only to the floor below, but to the stairs leading to the first level of the house, no doubt resulting in many fractures and much much pain. leaving only my right leg dangling through the ceiling, and 4 hysterically laughing children finding much joy in mommy's latest mishap.

I'm a fucking walking disaster.

goal for today: google "repair ceiling drywall". visit local home improvement store and purchase several hundred dollars of repair product. try to refrain from the plummet to my death while repairing hole. drink heavily upon completion.