Monday, January 07, 2008

Dreamt about back fat last night. I'm no dreamologist, but that simply can't be good.

On the advice of skwigg, I asked Santa for this book. Normally it's something I'd read in a day, but I'm trying to ABSORB it and follow the directions, including the action plans at the end of each chapter. 1st one? Notice in a day, how many times I found myself thinking about either weight/body issues, finances, or feeling lonely. Final number for the day? Fucking disturbing.

Action plan for today is to make a list of things that make me feel full. Aside from a pound of fudge and a large chocolate milkshake. Emotionally full, she means, and I like how she explains that first you have to recognize "the difference between your natural longing for a more fulfilling life (essential emptiness) and the tormenting craving for something to fill up up right this minute." IE: food. clothes. cocktails.

2nd part of action plan...from the list, pick one thing and do it by "this time tomorrow". So that gives me till about 9:00 tonight to make a list, make a choice, and take an action.

Too much pressure. I need a snickers.