Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I can’t quite explain it. Unfulfilled. Unmotivated. Unsure. Incapable. Unhappy.

I have this feeling inside that I can’t put my finger on. I haven’t been writing only because I haven’t been much to be around. I have this sort of empty sensation deep in my pit that I just can’t seem to shake. Nothing terrible has recently transpired. Nothing earth-shattering or mind numbing that I can blame this recent case of melancholy that has swallowed up my world and made me quite unbearable to be around. Maybe hollow hits it. Vacuous. Void. Vacant.

I don’t mean to sound pompous or vain, but this life is not the life I thought I’d have. And maybe this is part of it. Not that I don’t have an enormous amount of blessings in my life, and I don’t intend to sound ungrateful for the gifts I’ve been given. I am blessed. I am aware that I’m blessed. But there’s this feeling of unease I have. A feeling of not living up to my expectations. A feeling that I should have been more. Better. Important. Worthy. And of these, I feel none. I feel as though here, I’ve failed. I feel mediocre at best. Pedestrian. So I laugh out loud, if only to keep from crying, and I pretend that I’m here, if only to keep from being found, and I hope that people don’t notice that I haven’t been heard from in months.