Thursday, May 20, 2004

Yes I know I'm supposed to be on maternity leave, but things being as they are, I've had to go into work for one thing or another several times a week...totally not my point, but I wanted to explain why I was privy to the following converstion at work today...

side note...I work for a company that sells tools and equipment for metal working applications...

enter 18 year old strong southern accent having cutie and his adorable girlfriend...

cutie "ya'll got any iron?"

ray (the funniest and sweetest man I actually personally know) "what kind of iron?"

cutie: "oh, anything"

ray: "you wanna to make something out of it?"

cutie: "um, no."

ray: "what then? you just want scrap?"

cutie: "no sir...ummm"...cutie and girl turn and leave the building with a confused look on their faces.

Don't get it? No, you wouldn't, unless you know that what the 18 year old really asked when he walked in was "ya'll hiring?"

Poor little ray almost started a fight, and he didn't even mean to.

Get it now????