Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I'm baaaaaack.....

Well, hello there! Where, you may ask, the hell have I been? Well, I'll tell you. I have been hiding in my bedroom trying not to lose my mind, while I ponder the meaning of life and the origin of the universe.

Actually, I've been having long and meaningful conversations with myself regarding the ebb and flow of my life. Isn't it crazy how the good comes with the bad and the bad comes with the good...or is that just me? I'm one of those people that gets worried when things go too smooth, because that means, of course, that something terrible is going to happen.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago, my 11 year old Boxer started to lose interest in eating. I figured, okay, he's getting on in the years, lets try some of that yummy yet extrordinarily bad smelling canned food, which worked for a bit, until he started throwing up everything, including water, and decided to just stop completely. Then, I found a tooth on his pillow, so I thought "well, that poor dear had an absess or something...no wonder he couldn't eat! And I decided to make an appointment to see the vet and check out his poor little mouth. I dropped him off Tuesday morning (the 4th) and then went directly to the hospital, because I woke up in labor that morning. 14 hours or so later, I gave birth to a perfect and beautiful (yes, of course I'm biased) baby girl. The vet called my hubby on his cell phone and said "everything looks fine...maybe he was just stressed out over the impending birth...pick him up when you can". I never really bought that story, because this was the fourth impending birth since I've had the old boy, and he never seemed to mind before, but I took him home and hoped for the best. No luck. He refused to eat, and I took him back to the vet for one last attempt at figuring out what was wrong. He has lymphoma. I have to give him steroids twice a day, and they expect that he'll live for about 6 more months.

see...good...healthy baby girl....bad...dog dying. Ebb and flow.

My daughter, by the way, is wonderful and beautiful and perfect.