Tuesday, October 24, 2006

In all the chaos that has been my life lately, I found that I had too much energy to sit still, so I've been project-ing! No, not projecting, project-ing...as in, finally getting around to all those things I've wanted to finish/start/re-do around the house! Luckily (or maybe unluckily) I'm a note taker...I have more index cards with 'to-do' lists laying around then I care to admit, so I had plenty of projects to choose from...the drawback is, even if I thought of something I should do 8 months ago and by now it's completely slipped my mind, there's a DAMN note to remind me. Anyway...I finished the boys' room...which was really starting AND finishing, since I hadn't done anything except decide that it needed to be done...these are the pics, but they really don't do it justice. I don't know if the light was bad (it was at night) or what, but the colors don't really look exactly like it shows. I sort of divided the room, 1/2 is where the bunk beds are, and the other 1/2 I made into sort of a game-room/lounge area, since big-guy is a "tween" now and always wants buddies over to play playstation and such. The wall where the posters are is painted with magnetic paint (such a pain in the ass, and doesn't really work all that well...avoid it.) and I made the tables and room divider out of PVC and mdf board (tables) and fabric (divider). The boys wanted something "army" but there was no way I was going to camo the walls, so I went with a desert sand color on two walls and sort of a mossy green on the others...then I got them army-ish blankets for the beds and green stripe sheets. I picked up two storage trunks (wicker) with padded tops to sit on at Big Lots, and re-covered them with sort of a "woodsy" fleece that matches the walls, blue fabric, and sheets. Oh, and yes, that is my husband playing the playstation...he's the biggest kid of all. People think I'm joking when I say I have twin 10 year old boys, but really, I'm not.

The boys? They love it. And that's what counts.