Wednesday, March 03, 2004

tired, tired, tired

I am so tired of being fat. Not just pregnant, but fat. I'm sick of getting out of the shower and catching a glimpse of the dimples on my ass and once trim thighs and thinking "this just can't be possible". I know, I know, pregnancy, growing baby, miracle of birth, blah, blah, blah, but what I wouldn't give to go for a run. Which, by the way, is even odder when you consider the fact that I hate to run. No wait, I'm not saying that anymore, because I have a tendency to believe the more I say something, the more my brain will believe it, and I would really really like to be good at running someday. So lets just say it's strange for me to say I want to go for a run, because, even when I'm thin and trim, and in good shape, I find running extremely difficult at best. There have been times that I've done it, but I would not say I've ever been "good" at it. Oh, but a girl can dream, can't she? And dream I do. I dream about someday being able to afford my very own leg press or hack squat machine. I dream about the day when I'll be able to do 10 pull-ups again. I dream of a day when I'll be able to tie my shoes without taking them off first. But mostly I dream of the day when I'll fit back into my short shorts, and I'll look in the mirror and think "yeah, baby....now THAT's what my legs are supposed to look like".